Multi Screen Study Deichmann
Multi Screen is now!
Synchronized Campaign Planning and Delivery with Deichmann
Since “Catch Me If You Can!” we know that multi screen is a widespread phenomenon. In addition the ethnographic study “A Peek Into The Living Room” showed that the attention of users in multi-screen-situations shifts away from tv more and more to digitals screens. In view of these changes a stronger synchronization of tv and online media plans is highly reasonable.
In the context of a multi-screen-campaign of the shoe retailer Deichmann the online-campaign was delivered synchronized to the tv-campaign and analyzed by an ad effectiveness study including a website tracking. It could be shown that due to the synchronized deliverey to multi-screen-users an improved campaign-impact and performance could be achieved.
- Distinctly higher click rates & increased conversion after synchronized delivery (compared to non-synchronized deliveryafter the test time period)
- Multi-screen advertising contacts increase brand awareness and ad recall clearly
- Almost 50% increase of first choice through multi-screen.
Relevant potentials could be addressed by presenting synchronized online ads. Persons with multi-screen contact convert distinctly better (buy more frequently) than persons who came directly to the client’s website. Above all it was possible to visibly strengthen brand values like brand awareness, ad recall and first choice.
- TV- und online-campaign including multi-screen-ads
- Test period: CW34 2014
- The online-campaign was delivered synchronized to the tv-campaign during the test period
- Identification of users with specific threshold value regarding the probability of tv-use by a profile-targeting
(based on panel data in combination with micro-segmentation, collaboration with Plan.Net)
- Campaign-measurement during the test period consisting of a) onsite-survey and b) tracking of users who had contact with the campaign and/or the website Deichmann.com
Get the PDF for more information on the methodology and results.