Online Visions 2012
A differentiated analysis of TV-ONLINE multiplying
In 2010, the first part of ONLINE VISIONS demonstrated how effective TV and online advertising work together. The focus of this study was on different types of perception and use situations.
Round two of ONLINE VISIONS was created in 2012, providing answers to these questions and more:
- What combination of online formats and internet advertising strategies over the course of days and weeks result in the highest impact?
- What requirements need to be met by the cross-media creation?
- How is it possible to fine-tune TV and online contacts?
The uniquely structured study covered three actual Procter & Gamble campaigns, over 6,000 interviews and technical campaign tracking, with results that can be applied directly to strategic TV-online planning. This study was conducted jointly by pilot and the largest German marketing agencies as well as TV’s Sky Media Network.
An excerpt from the most important results:
- TV-online multiplying has a far stronger impact than TV alone.
- TV-online multiplying also worthwhile for smaller and medium-sized campaigns.
- Online standard advertising media also showed great performance.
- Coordinated and consistent creative is the key to success.
- Online campaigns should take the time of day into account.
- Online solves the challenges presented by people who do not watch much TV.
Get the PDF for more information on the methodology and results.
Get the complete study here.