Opt-in / Opt-out
Why interest-related Advertisement & Content?
In order to offer you our products such as freemail and mail apps, online storage, editorial articles, videos or services as the TV program, route planner and horoscope for free, we rely on financing through advertising. For a successful online experience on our websites, we would like to simultaneously show you editorial content and advertising that suits your interests. Therefore, we take into account usage-relevant data from your visits to our portals (WEB.DE, GMX and 1&1).
How Does It Work?
Generally, whenever you visit websites data is transmitted to the technical systems of its website operator. This data provides information about the device that you use and the software used to display the website and/or its configured preference settings. This data is essential for displaying websites in the optimum way and ensuring their full functionality.
What Are Cookies And What Are They Used For?
Cookies are small text files that are stored in your Internet Browser to ensure a website will „remember“ you. Thereby, websites load and user data processes faster on your next visit. Also, cookies are essential for the delivery of advertisement.
What About My Privacy?
At United Internet Media protecting your personal information is our top priority. We respect your privacy and process data only as long as you want us to. You can find out more details on how we use your data in our Data Privacy Guidelines.
The Usage of Advertising ID Within Applications (Apps)
To succesfully deliver advertisement and content we use Advertising IDs within our Android and Apple applications for device recognition only. Hence, as long as you download and use applications of 1&1 Mail & Media GmbH an identification number (Advertising ID) linked to your device will be transmitted to us. Please note that a personal identification regarding the assigned Advertising ID isn’t possible.
Upon request, we will disclose information about your stored personal data free of charge and without delay. To receive this information,
please contact United Internet Media GmbH, Datenschutz (Data Protection), Elgendorfer Str. 57, 56410 Montabaur, Germany or e-mail to datenschutzunited-internet-mediade.
Modify and Adjust Settings
1. Cookie-based Information via Your Browser
At the moment you see advertising content, but none that matches your interests.
If you wish to see interest-related advertising content you can activate this function at any time. However, you can easily withdraw if you wish to.
I’d like to subscribe.
At the moment you see advertising content that matches your interest.
If you no longer wish to see interest-related advertisement and content you can deactivate this function at any time. Instead, you will then receive various non-selected advertising content unrelated to any of your interests. However, you can easily subscribe again.
I’d like to unsubscribe.
- Please note that your unsubscribing (Opt-out) request is technically saved in a cookie (cookie name: TGP-Opt-Out). Therefore, by deleting your browser cookies your Opt-out information will get lost and you will need to unsubscribe again. Furthermore, the usage of an AdBlocker might prevent the storage of the Opt-out information. Also note, that due to technical reasons your Opt-out activates after reloading the website twice.
- By delivering advertising via our Ad Server (an ad delivery system) we partially receive advertising content from 3rd-Party-Provider.
The responsibility for cookie settings of 3rd-Party-Provider lays upon those providers themselves. Please find detailed information in our General Terms and Conditions.
2. Manage Data via Your FreeMail Account
Alternatively, you can manage your permission settings via your Kundencenter (Customer Center) within your GMX or WEB.DE account.
Therefore, go to „Mein Account/Kommunikationsprofil“ to modify your current settings on interest-based delivery of advertisement and editorial content.
3. Cooperation and Cookies of External Partners
We work together with external partners (3rd-Party-Provider) which not always deliver their advertising content via our Ad Server (an ad delivery system). Nevertheless, those partners set-up cookies and display interest-based advertising content. It might occur that based on collected pseudonymized usage data (on United Internet portals) interest-based 3rd-Party-offers are being displayed.
Subsequently, we would like to introduce you to a selection of partners. To find out more about data protection and your Opt-in/-out options please follow the related link.
- Amazon.de GmbH / Amazon Europe Core S.à r.l. https://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201908990
- AppNexus https://www.appnexus.com/en/company/platform-privacy-policy
- Criteo GmbH https://www.criteo.com/de/privacy/
- Common Adtech Providers
- e-quadrat communications GmbH https://www.e-2.at/de/datenschutzerklaerung/
- IP Deutschland GmbH http://www.ip.de/informationen_externe_vermarktung
- Nielsen http://www.nielsen-online.com/privacy.jsp?section=leg_scs
- The Adex GmbH https://www.theadex.com/datenschutz-opt-out/
- Yieldlab http://www.yieldlab.de/elements/privacy
- Pubmatic, Inc.: https://pubmatic.com/legal/optout/
- Index Exchange: https://www.indexexchange.com/privacy/
Alternatively, you might want to visit following link to manage your permission data of all partners participating at once.
- Youronlinechoices http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
4. Deactivating interest-related Advertising and Resetting the Advertising ID on Android Devices
The “Opt-out of Ads Personalisation” option is disabled by default on Android devices. If you wish to change this, open the Google settings, tap “Ads” and enable “Opt-out of Ads Personalisation”.* You can use this OPT-OUT option to prevent your device from displaying interest-related advertising based on your Advertising ID of your device.
Additionally, you might wish to reset your Advertising ID within the Google settings > Ads: continue with “Reset Advertising ID” to reset all the information collected to date and replace the Advertising ID on your device with a randomly selected number.*