Opt-In / Opt-Out
Advertising That Suits Me
Our editors are constantly on the lookout for the most exciting news, the latest lifestyle trends and the best value products to make our offer more attractive to you in the long term. Likewise, we show you ads that are of special relevance to you and that fit your interests.
How Does It Work?
Your Internet usage on the United Internet portals (WEB.DE, GMX and 1&1) and the portals marketed by United Internet Media GmbH such as dastelefonbuch.de, dasoertliche.de and gelbeseiten.de provide us with information that indicate your personal interests. By collecting this data on an anonymous basis, we can provide you with advertising that is more likely to be relevant to you rather than displaying advertising which is isn’t.
Generally, whenever you visit websites data is transmitted to the technical systems of its website operator. This data provides information about the device that you use and the software used to display the website and/or its configured preference settings. This data is essential for displaying websites in the optimum way and ensuring their full functionality. If, for instance, some of the elements on the page are not transmitted due to the use of ad blockers or other technical restrictions, then our delivery systems attempt to fill the resulting empty spaces with alternative content to ensure our websites are fully displayed at all times.
Why Advertising Anyway?
In order to provide our services to you free of charge, we have to make advertising part of our free product range. Without advertising on our portals, we would have to introduce usage fees.
What About My Privacy?
We always respect and pay heed to the privacy of our users when collecting data – and take the protection of your personal data very serious.
Subscribe or Unsubscribe via Your Browser.
Your cookie status indicates that you decided against the display of matching online advertising regarding your interests by United Internet Media.
Would you like to see advertising on our portals that matches your interests and might be more relevant to you?
⇒ Activate this function with just one click. You can unsubscribe at any time. ⇐
I’d like to subscribe.
Your cookie status indicates that you see online advertising on our portals that matches your interest.
If you no longer wish to see online ads that are significant to you, you can deactivate this function at any time.
Instead, you will then receive non-selected ads unrelated to any of your interests. You can subscribe again at any time.
Please note that you must activate the opt-out link again if you delete your cookies.
I’d like to unsubscribe.
Manage Data via Your FreeMail Account.
Comfortable manage your data as a WEB.DE and GMX customer via our Kundencenter. (→ for German customers)
Manage Cookies of Our partners
In addition we work with partners to display a variety of relevant online advertising to you.
Those use user-based ad management as well. Please find the list of our partners below for your opt-out / opt-in decisions. You might want to visit this Central Preference Portal for an easier opt-out process.
- Adform http://site.adform.com/privacy-policy/de
- ADTECH GmbH https://policies.oath.com/ie/de/oath/privacy/index.html
- Amazon.de GmbH / Amazon Europe Core S.à r.l. https://www.amazon.de/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201908990
- AppNexus https://www.appnexus.com/en/company/platform-privacy-policy
- AdDefend https://www.addefend.com/de/opt-out/
- Criteo GmbH https://www.criteo.com/de/privacy/
- emetric https://www.emetriq.com/datenschutz/
- Flashtalking http://www.flashtalking.com/privacypolicy/
- Google https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=de
- Common Adtech Providers
- GroupM Competence Center GmbH https://www.groupm.com/privacy-policy
- IP Deutschland GmbH http://www.ip.de/informationen_externe_vermarktung
- Ligatus GmbH https://www.ligatus.com/de/privacy-policy#cookie_status
- mediascale GmbH & Co. KG http://www.mediascale.de/datenschutz/
- Moat https://moat.com/
- Nielsen http://www.nielsen-online.com/privacy.jsp?section=leg_scs
- Outbrain https://www.outbrain.com/de/legal/privacy
- Performance Media Deutschland GmbH http://www.performance-media.de/opt-out/
- Pilot 1/0 GmbH https://www.pilot.de/datenschutz/
- plista GmbH https://www.plista.com/about/opt-out/
- Schnee von Morgen http://www.schneevonmorgen.com/
- Sizmek https://www.sizmek.com/privacy-policy/
- Smartclip http://www.smartclip.com/privacy-policy
- SpotX https://www.spotx.tv/privacy-policy/
- Yieldlab http://www.yieldlab.de/elements/privacy
Deactivating Interest-related Advertising and Resetting the Advertising ID on Android Devices
The “Opt out of Ads Personalisation” option is disabled by default on Android devices. If you want to change this, open the Google settings, tap “Ads” and enable “Opt out of Ads Personalisation”.* You can use this OPT-OUT option to prevent your device from displaying interest-related advertising based on your advertising ID.
You can also reset your advertising ID. This is also done under Google settings > Ads:
Click “Reset advertising ID” to reset all the information collected to date and replace the advertising ID on your device with a randomly selected number.*
Deactivating Targeted Advertising and Resetting the Advertising ID on Apple Devices
If you do not wish to receive targeted advertising on your Apple device, proceed as follows: “Settings” > “Privacy” > “Advertising” and enable “Limit Ad Tracking”. If you enable “Limit Ad Tracking”, you are no longer shown interest-based advertising based on your advertising ID. Your advertising ID is also simultaneously reset if you enable “Limit Ad Tracking”.
If you wish to reset your advertising ID, click “Reset Advertising Identifier”. The information linked to your advertising ID is then deleted.
Please note that after making these changes you may still be shown advertising and that these changes do not apply exclusively to the web content of 1&1 Mail & Media GmbH applications.
Upon request, we will disclose information about your stored personal data free of charge and without delay.
To receive this information, please contact United Internet Media GmbH, Datenschutz, Elgendorfer Str. 57, 56410 Montabaur, Germany or e-mail to datenschutzunited-internet-mediade, while specifying your cookie ID where possible.